Ragging Free Campus
Ragging means ‘Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness to any fresher student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student’.
“Ragging in all forms is totally banned in this institutions including constituent units, all its premises (academic, residential, sports, kiosks, cafeteria and the like) whether located within the campus or outside and in all means of transportation of students whether public or private. The institution shall take strict action including but not limited to criminal proceeding and/or cancellation of admission against those found guilty of ragging and/or of abetting ragging and the burden of proof shall be lie on the perpetrator of alleged ragging and not on the victim. An offence of Ragging may be charged either on a written complaint by the affected or on independent finding of the Anti Ragging Squad.
||Prof.(Dr.) P.K. Vashistha
||Mr. Ajeet Singh
||Chief Admin Officer
||Dr. Satyaveer Singh
||Mr. K. K. Sharma
||HOD(ME / CE)
||Mr. Amit Awasthi
||HOD (CSE / A. Sc)
||Mr. J.P. Singh
||Mrs. Sadhana Bansal
||Asst. Professor / Grievances Cell Head
||Mr. Shyam Veer Singh
||Ms. Kanika Goel
Punishment for Ragging
Depending on the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti Ragging Committee of the University, those found guilty of ragging shall be liable for any one or more of the following punishment. The decision of the Anti Ragging Committee shall be final and binding.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Cancellation of Scholarship / Fee relaxation / Book bank facility and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the University in any fest. Sports or other such events.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the University for a Period up to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the University and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Fine of Rs.25000/-
- In the case of offences of very serious/grievous nature, referring the case to the Police, in addition to any other punishment.